ArtsAlive.ca is a performing arts educational website produced by the National Arts Centre of Canada. The goals of ArtsAlive.ca are:
- To engage younger generations of Canadians in information, multimedia and activities pertaining to the performing arts, and
- To provide free performing arts-related primary and secondary resources to students, parents and teachers to aid them in learning about and teaching the topics presented.
The following resources are sure to be of interest to you and your family:
Looking for resources to further your child's musical education? You've come to the right place.
- Introduce your family to this interactive timeline with 200 orchestral works, 80 Canadian compositions, and an extensive collection of learning objects to learn more about the Canadian contemporary works
- Reading lists: explore great Canadian and international plays with your family. **Great for TEENS!
- Theatre Lore: get to know the origins of theatre superstitions and traditions before a big debut in a school or community production!
- Links and Resources: Help your high schoolers with homework (and their selection of a post-secondary career path!) by directing their research with these links
- Advice from professional theatre artists on training, performing and processes of creation: these interviews are a great primer for young people considering a career in theatre.
- Before or after attending a play with your family, discover and discuss what it takes to bring a play from the page to the stage. Explore the four main sections of ArtsAlive.ca English Theatre: the Playwright's Corner, Director's Table, Actor's Green Room, Design and Production.
- Get creative as a family with script writing, acting and character development activities.
- So you want to put on a play! Discover what's involved, find a script, and read our FAQ. **Great for community theatre or family members starting out in drama
- Professional theatre production:This is a great resource if you've seen a play with your family and want to explore how the company made it all come to life
- Theatre professions: Great for high school students considering their post-secondary school options
- Theatre schools: Locate post-secondary French-language theatre schools across Canada
- French Theatre in Canada: Whether taking a trip or staying home, find out where to see French theatre from east to west!
- Reading Theatre: Discover repertory classics, Quebec and Canadian plays, and Contemporary works.
- Anecdotes: gain additional perspectives on theatre lore, superstitions and traditions.
- Demystify contemporary dance: Watch A Very Dangerous Pastime: A Devastatingly Simple Dance Guide with your family… How many celebrity Canadians do you recognize in this half-hour video?
- Dance forms: Dance encompasses more than jazz, tap and ballet. Explore a list of over 40 dance forms.
- Impress your family with dance facts that they never knew you knew (until now)!
- See dance: Find out where to see dance in Canada and around the world with your family or on an evening to yourself.
- Appreciate, watch and discuss dance: If you are still not convinced that you can enjoy dance, then some practice may be in order. Find out what it takes.
- Making dance: Explore this section with children and young adults interested in dance and choreography. Find expert advice from famous artists and learn about different dance professions and what is involved in pursuing dance as a career.
Costumes (The Secret Life of Costumes)
Set Design (Imagined Spaces: Scenic Design at the National Arts Centre)
Posters (Persuading Presence: A Performing Arts Poster Archive)
Contact us anytime at email@example.com.